15 – 17 July 2019
UNISON Northern, 140 - 150 Pilgrim Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6TH
This initial course has been designed for newly elected and less experienced UNISON Stewards. It is Stage One of a steward’s initial training and will help equip you with increased confidence, organising skills and knowledge about UNISON.
As a steward you are a vital link in the union chain and have an important role to play in organising members at a local level. You will be UNISON’s contact point in your workplace.
This course will help you to:
- Understand UNISON’s role as an organising union
- Work with members and more experienced stewards to resolve issues
- Know where, when and how to seek advice and guidance
- Recognise the importance of equalities in UNISON
- Understand how UNISON’s procedures work
- Understand how UNISON operates within broader roles
- Plan your next steps in UNISON
Closing Date: Monday, 1 July 2019. You can apply for this course via your UNISON branch