We are now in a position to offer our organising H&S reps training online via webinar based tutorial sessions. The tutorials are delivered by experienced UNISON reps and organisers, over a live web based platform (MS Teams). To support your progress you will be assigned a mentor from your region and your branch. The course is 30 hours in length, over a 6 week period, with the first live tutorial. Much like a face to face course, you are entitled to time off to complete the course. If you are experiencing difficulties with time off, please do let us know.
The course will help you:
- Understand the H&S reps role;
- Carry out the H&S reps duties;
- Be more effective in the role;
- Understand the key rights of health and safety reps;
- Recognise the employers responsibilities on health and safety;
- Organise members around health and safety issues;
- Understand the key legal requirements for risk assessments, and the criteria used;
- Be familiar with the UNISON approach to risk assessment
The course is free, and is accredited by UNISON.
As the course involves group work and discussion, you will be expected to attend webinar based tutorials at fixed times.
There are a number of other criteria which you must be able to commit to before embarking on the course and these are listed below.
You will need:
- A computer or tablet on which to access Microsoft Teams
- Permission from your employer if you are using their IT equipment
- Agreed Facility Time (time off) from your employer (once the dates are confirmed)
We are not able to send out hard copies of course related resources at the moment, you will be able to access them electronically and will be issued with credentials to access them via UNISON’s new online system.
If you are interested in this course, then please use the link to complete registration.